Sunday, January 29, 2012

Winter Wonderland

It's been snowing for about 30 hours now... haven't seen a snow plow yet and our little dead-end road is silent and untouched.
Winter is very monochromatic. 
I miss color. 
Everything is shades of white and grey.


All our trees and shrubs lose their leaves, so there are just a bunch of naked branches in our yard right now.




My pond has disappeared under a blanket of snow. 







The bridge to the gazebo is pristine and untouched.


Our maples, which are riotous with color in the fall are sound asleep and not trying to impress anyone.


this is what they're like in the fall...


The birds have gone south...


It's very quiet...



A splash of color in the monotony...


The chickens are hunkered down... we built them a lean-to so they can play in the dirt, even in the winter, but they don't like coming outside when there's this much snow, so they're just hanging around inside, doing nothing because there's nothing much to do.


Oops... I guess I was wrong!


I asked my sister to buy me a dwarf Alberta spruce for my birthday a few years ago, to brighten up my yard with greenery in the winter... this is it.


Today is an inside day, except Norm is out snow-blowing with our tractor. We named it Bob - I say Big... Norm says Baby... Orange (we agree on that) - I say Beast Norm says Brute or Boy... we bought it from Bob's widow, our neighbour, and it always reminds us of Bob, who passed away last spring and used to plow us out every winter.


I have assumed the position and plan to remain here much of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment