Monday, December 5, 2011

Happiness is...

Today is all about seeing the positives in life. So every time I'm feeling fine, I'll add to my "happiness is..." list:

happiness is...
  • a warm egg right from my chicken's butt! GREAT way to start the day... just being with my chickens always makes me feel fine. They are funny and so full of character I can watch them for hours
  • Norm and Dad out collecting firewood while I sit on the couch and read
  • sunshine
  • a big batch of Energy Balls (Whitewater Cooks at Home cookbook - 1 cup each chocolate chips, raisins, oatmeal, toasted sunflower and sesame seeds, dried cranberries, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup honey and 2 cups peanut butter... mix with hands and roll into balls... the cookbook says to roll them in coconut at the end, but Norm doesn't like coconut so I use ground flax seed.. .DELISH!!!!! I love Shelley's cookbooks and highly recommend them!).
  • 600 tubas

  • playing scrabble with my friends
  • my iPhone... I LOVE that thing! And the book I'm reading on my iPhone Kobo app... Stephen King's 11/22/63, that man is the best story teller...
  • less than 3 weeks till the days begin to get longer again
  • Sipping a steaming mug of Oso Negro coffee at 2:30 in the afternoon
  • watching General Hospital commercial-free on youtube, and then chatting about it with a FB friend!
  • another amazing sunset... that's about 5 in a row now!!
  • a glass of red wine
  • my favourite supper... a can of tuna in lettuce, red onion, toasted sunflower seeds and slivered almonds, with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper dressing
  • husband Norm getting home safe and sound from the hot springs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment