Sunday, May 27, 2012

Give me a BRAKE!!!!

On Thursday morning I dropped my car off at Kootenay Lake Automotive because the brakes were making a weird sound. I asked them to call me with a quote when they knew what was wrong (they did... full brake job - front and back required), and Norm and I headed off to Kelowna in our just-fixed van (oxygen sensor malfunction) to exchange our box springs for low profile box springs (plural because they now split the box springs on new beds so they're easier to get in the house, and to transport... wise invention, that!).


Stopped for gas in New Denver and suddenly the van was lurching up the highway in a most unnatural way. We turned around and went right back to the Petrocan station where we'd gassed up, and the front left wheel was smoking when we got there. 


The guy told us it looked like the calipers had seized and that we'd have to have it repaired. He wasn't sure he could do it overnight so gave me the name of a place in Nakusp that rents vehicles, and while I was on the phone with them, he talked to a service station in Nakusp that said they could tow and fix our van by the next day.



  Waiting for our rental... 



The car rental place in Nakusp not only had a van (remember, we were carrying box springs), but they agreed to drive the 45 minutes to pick us up too! Crisis averted, and off we went to Kelowna to exchange our box springs, and do a little shopping at Value Village. 


This is our rental van... we've stopped for lunch at Lost Lake.




Some of our Value Village purchases... including Norm's new hat. I'm not sure why he likes to point at his watch in photos... it's a posing thing.



Check out the buns! They're real butter croissants!




Friday we spent a short time visiting with my sister and nephew, and then headed for Nakusp to pick up our newly fixed van - which was ready and waiting for us! Talk about smooth sailing. Expensive, but smooth! Thank you SO much to the amazing folks at the New Denver Petrocan... you guys ROCK! 




We enjoy a late coffee and early supper with our 
fixed van back with us... I love our van (and wine)!
























And I should also mention that today is Chicken Thursday's second birthday! Happy birthday to the namesake of this blog, and my first (and only, now that we have no rooster) grandchicken!



No comments:

Post a Comment