Monday, May 7, 2012

Halcyon With the Girls

Saturday, May 5th, 9:30 am... picked up Heather, then Patricia, and finally Deb. We are going to Halcyon Hot Springs, about 25 minutes north of Nakusp on Arrow Lake. It's my first, and their annual weekend of soaking, eating and playing Euchre. 

This is my Ford Fusion with the huge trunk. Four women, ONE NIGHT, and there's enough stuff in there to satisfy everyone in a small village for a month.


Heather has to stop and pee lots... our first stop less than an hour into the journey (and she peed before we left her house too)... But the cool thing about Heather is that she is happy and excited and doesn't care if we tease her. She's just glad to be alive and going on a little holiday with her buddies!


A quick stop for shopping and lunch in Nakusp. I love Nakusp!

 Me and Heather in front of the store where I bought a bunch of  neat stuff... Hey Isabelle, check out my sunglasses! Nice, eh?!

 Me, Deb (I think my hand was touching her butt right then, hence the expression of pure delight? disgust? Hard to say...), Heather and Patricia. We're standing in front of the Leland Hotel - nice spot for lunch with a hilarious Italian cook and a view to die for...
Nice paint job! 

Finally, we arrive!



 The view from our kitchen window in Village Chalet 11B... a perfect room with two queen beds, a hide-a-bed couch, kitchenette (only with a barbecue, fridge and microwave, mind you) and a very short walk to the pool.



Ready to go for our first soak and I didn't think to bring pool shoes. Do you have any idea how much it embarrasses me to be seen in public looking like a dork? 


Left the pool because I wanted a drink, so we played a few games of Euchre... Patricia and I are the champions!





Okay... had drinks and snacks and several games of Euchre... back to the pool till we decided it was time to cook supper.



Heather cooked the steaks, I brought salad...



Deb made scalloped potatoes and garlic toast, and Patricia did a lovely lemony cheesecake. A veritable feast with only a microwave and a barbecue!!


It was super moon night. 


After hours of food and drink, laughter and cards, we finally went to sleep. I believe the last words of the evening were, "good night, John Boy". 



Another soak before heading home... it was sunny and some of us got burnt.


                 Applying cream to sooth our hot faces.
 Late lunch in Winlaw and then home. I wanted to blog about all the funny things we said and saw, but I think you had to be there. Either that or the sun fried my brain, because I can't think of a single funny thing right now, even though my stomach muscles still hurt from laughing all weekend.

Thanks to Heather for organizing the weekend, and to all of you for making me a part of the gang!


1 comment:

  1. I love Halcyon!!! I actually bought one of their robes! Nothing like a great getaway with your girlfriends~!

    ReplyDelete