Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sick Chicken is Alive and Kickin'

So last Wednesday morning I brought Dawneen in the house, ostensibly to die. She wouldn't eat or drink, and couldn't stand up. For the past week she's been living in a little box in my office. A few times I tried to find her a bigger box, but there was nothing around and I abandoned my search. Yesterday was a week since she'd come in the house. Not only was she not dying, but she appeared to be getting better. On Tuesday I'd be working at my desk and hear activity. I would slowly peer over my shoulder and watch her preening and fussing with her grass bed. A couple of times she jumped out of her box (to poop on my rug... smart move on her part actually. Her poop really smelled bad and who'd want to lay in that?!). So yesterday I left my office for a minute and came back to her standing next to my desk, eyeing up my chair! That was it. She was caught red-handed, walking around and enjoying life WAY too much for a sick chick! So back to the coop she went. Just in time too as it snowed last night and this morning they were all huddled together inside, trying to keep warm. If I'd had her in the house much longer she wouldn't have been able to adjust to the cold weather. So now all that's left to do is keep an eye on her and make sure that she's eating okay... and buy myself a new rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment