Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Date Day

I just got home from choir practice... we have started our Christmas songs. If it didn't feel so much like winter out there it would be less depressing, but we ended up laughing our heads off at some of the caterwauling that happened tonight, so I'm feeling fine!

I told Norm I didn't want to keep singing because I hate driving in the winter, so he said he'd drive me! We now call Wednesday our date day. We go to town when I'm finished work (3:30, unless I have work related stuff to do in town, then we leave Balfour earlier) and do our banking, grocery shopping, appointments, window shopping, visiting with friends, etc. Then we go for dinner, then choir practice, and home at 9:30. Much better to spend 6 hours in town than 12.5...
I had a hard-boiled egg and rye crisp with my coffee and whipping cream for breakfast.
Homemade roasted cauliflower soup and a smoothie for lunch (freezing the bananas makes for an amazingly creamy and thick smoothie!)
Supper was at a restaurant, so probably not perfect, but it was stir-fry chicken with veggies in a black bean sauce. Very salty. And now I'm having a glass of wine before bed.

The gloomy, cool, rainy night is reminding me that winter is approaching, and something I learned a couple of years ago when suffering with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) was that having lights on in the house all day all winter really helped. Soon we're going to have to fire up the old wood stove. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment