Monday, October 10, 2011

Weigh Day and some of my Favorite Pictures

Due to a slow collapsing of my resolve this week, the two pounds that I'd lost were back on by this morning - weigh day. Sigh. I had relatives visiting from Calgary and had a big family dinner on Friday, with baked ham, pasta alla carbonara (bacon and eggs with spaghettini), asparagus, salad and tomato/basil bruschetta. (My spell check isn't liking all these Italian words!) We were all so full we never even had the pie I baked.

Saturday my cousin wanted to toast with champagne to our restaurant being back in business and the lawsuit with Nick being over, so we toasted. Then we went to the pub across the road for appies... chicken wings, nachos, dry garlic ribs, cheese poppers and panko shrimp. Plus wine. Then back to Mom and Dad's for more champagne and more wine. I woke up in the night with the taste of vomit in my throat (sorry... too graphic?) and needing Tums. It's been a while since I've suffered from gastric reflux.

Yesterday was turkey dinner at Mom's for Thanksgiving. It was delish and I ate too much. More Tums... So that's why I failed on weigh day. I did however follow through on my promise to walk at least 5 days last week and drink 2 litres of water a day, so I wasn't totally bad. But it's time to get back on the horse. In the meantime, I'd like to share some of my favorite photos...



This is my niece, Lauren. I don't know what the story is or who took the photo (I saved it when I saw it on FB), but I always laugh when I look at it, so it's one of my faves for that reason alone!


Another pic that makes me smile. Remember the Bea I was talking about in my chicken story, the crusty old lady we named a chicken after? Well, this is her after she found an eyebrow pencil among her belongings and decided to doll herself up a bit!


This was taken by a woman in Nelson, whose name escapes me now, but when I remember I'll give her credit... one of the cutest pics I have ever seen! The little girl on the left is my teenager friend Madison.



Is this adorable, or what?! Look at his big, beautiful eyes, the huckleberry juice around his mouth... the daisy in the bucket. I love this pic. This is Noah, my great-nephew.


This is another pic that makes me laugh every time I look at it. Momo, just hangin' around, "hands" behind his back, surveying his kingdom from his little front porch...



Momo and the girls...



This is the best dragonfly picture I've ever taken...  and I've taken lots.




See?


Another photo that always makes me laugh. My sister's husband looking grumpy (although I don't think he was... I just caught him in "a look") and my husband in the background looking goofy happy!



Is this an amazing picture of a calliope hummingbird, or what?!



My neighbour's dog doesn't like to be cold, so she made him some earmuffs to match his coat!!






My niece, Allison, has decided "enough pictures!"


 There's a bee in my orzo!! Well, a B anyhow.


Sophie smiling... the end. For now!

No comments:

Post a Comment