Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the UGLY!!!!

This photo has it all... the sunshine is good, the clouds are bad and the SNOW is UGLY! I'm not ready for snow (whimper, whine). I find that the older I get, the less I can handle winter. I hate to drive (to the point where Norm is going to be taking me to choir practice all winter!) and I hate to shovel and I hate that I have to park at the bottom of our yard and come in and out through the basement. It really isn't pleasant and it's hard to invite people over because there's no parking and they have to come in through the basement and risk getting a ton of snow sliding off the roof just as they arrive. It's hard to get to the chicken coop and our little road is the last to be plowed so sometimes it's even hard to get out of our yard at all...

On the other hand, I love the wood fires that Norm keeps burning all winter, it's really beautiful (especially if the sun is shining, though that's rare) and it gives me an excuse to hang out in my kitchen. I cook soup and sweets and special dinners and I love it.

I took that picture with my iPhone, and for some reason it came out sideways and I had to go back to my photo album and save the pic sideways so that it would be upright here. Weird. I have figured out how to get email and half of my iPod songs are downloaded and I'm figuring out how to surf the web, but I still need to get my old cell phone contacts transferred over.

No comments:

Post a Comment