Saturday, October 22, 2011

Scottish Oat Cakes

When Norm and I were in Nova Scotia this summer, we stopped at a pub for supper one evening. The server offered us one of her homemade oat cakes and we both loved them. For some reason, that memory came back to me last night so found a recipe and decided to try it this morning.


The recipe called for buttermilk, which I don't have, but I knew there's a substitute so I looked it up online. One tablespoon of vinegar in the measuring cup and then top it up to one cup with milk. So I did... forgetting for the moment that the recipe only called for 1/4 cup of buttermilk.


Well, obviously it was a sloppy, mushy "dough" so I had to quadruple the rest of the ingredients in order to make it right.


Scottish Oat Cake anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment