Thursday, October 6, 2011

McQ's

Dad took us out for dinner tonight, to McQ's. Man, what a lovely dinner we had. I had too many glasses of wine, which lead to too many pieces of excellent bread and butter... but I controlled myself with my dinner - Mom's Mushroom Salad. DELISH!!! Norm had a burger with avocado and crab in it. Mom had some kind of kissed chicken, and Dad had seafood pasta. Everyone liked what they ate. That Trevor is an amazing cook. And Reg is highly entertaining.

 Then I got home and ate another piece of bread (ciabatta from Save On) with salami. Breakfast was a spoonful of peanut butter and an apple. Lunch was a salad with tuna in it and a smoothie. Coffee with whipping cream x 2 today. I want another piece of ciabatta with salami... SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I did it... I had a 2nd piece, with mortadella... tomorrow is another day. I'll eat better then).

I made a unique soup today. Roasted yam and garlic with tomato and fresh sage. It smells good, but I haven't had a bowl yet. Tomorrow I'm making french onion soup. I had to buy a hunk of Gruyere from McQ's tonight as I forgot to buy some yesterday and I need it for my french onion soup.

Balfour is one weird little town. If a person has an idea and another person doesn't like it, then they both hate each other. Are all little towns like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment